Greetings from the beautiful state of Michigan, currently the land of ice and snow! Our present weather conditions are quite cold and I was reminded of that last evening when taking the pups out to potty. After only a minute or so of walking in the snow the littlest one, little girl Dune, started picking her paws up and limping, as the cold was getting painful for her paws. While a dog’s paws are tough, they are susceptible to the same pains that we are. So, my answer is to purchase boots for them, as the weather is only going to get colder over the next week. It was a good reminder that although they’re built to walk barefoot, their paw pads are still quite sensitive to the cold, ice, and especially salt on the sidewalks. So please, please, keep a close eye on your pups in these cold temperatures, and I highly recommend checking out our shop for some (adorable) winter boots! http://thepuppyplaces.com/shop/category/apparel-accessories/boots-paw-protectors/
You must log in to post a comment. Log in now.
advice baby beagle Bernese mountain dog body language child cute dog Dog in Snow dogs Dog training easter funny German Shepherd Golden Retriever guest photo handle stress Husky labrador leash loose loose leash walking medical Michigan PAWS Paws With A Cause pet photo photograph Pit Bull pup puppy rottweiler Service Dogs Snow special posts stress the puppy places tips training treatment veterinarian walking walking your dog working dogs
Looking for Something?
- Cute Puppy Pics of the Day (57)
- Dog Parks (73)
- Dog Trainers (7)
- Doggie Daycares / Kennels / Boarding (2)
- Feeding your Dog (1)
- Fun Stuff (21)
- Guest Posts (3)
- Handy Tips (28)
- Pet Health and Well Being (14)
- Pet Insurance (1)
- Product Reviews (2)
- The Puppy Places Blog (43)
- Training Tips (14)
- Uncategorized (11)
- Veterinarians (1)
Recent Tips From The Blog
- When the Tools Just Don’t Work…
- How to maximize the use of food treats – Using food in Dog Training Part 2
- Should you use food to train your dog or puppy?
- Tips for raising the perfect puppy!
- Happy Dogs through Proper Play
- Did You Know This Could Hurt Your Dog? – Dog Safety
- How to train your dog – to Sit – in 5 Minutes a Day!